U.S. Privacy Notice
Data We Collect
- Categories of Personal Information Sold: In the last 12 months, we have not sold personal information.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose: In the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your personal information outside the scope of their services for us):
- Categories of Personal Information Shared for Advertising Purposes: In the last 12 months, we have shared the following categories of personal information with advertising partners for users who opted in to our Rewarded Ads program, for the purposes of selecting better ads for display and to measure ad performance:
Identifiers, device information, location information, and characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (i.e., gender, age).
US Privacy Disclosures
The following provisions may be applied or interpreted differently depending on your state's privacy laws.
Content Removal for Users Under Age 18. If you are a U.S. resident and are under the age of 18, you may request the removal of the content you have posted by sending an email to email@example.com or using the app settings > Contact > My Data. All requests state “U.S. Removal Request” in the email subject line and provide a description of the content that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the content. We do not accept requests for removal through other means. We may not be able to respond if you do not provide sufficient information about the content you want to be removed, and we may not remove content if consistent with applicable law (e.g., the content was posted or shared by a third party). Any removal of posted content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content (e.g., the content is invisible to other users but remains on our servers in some form in accordance with our policies).
Your U.S. Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you may take advantage of the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete: Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. There are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need a complete transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information, as such terms are defined under California privacy laws. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not sell or share your personal information with such third parties to use for their purposes, unless you later direct us to do so. However, as noted above, we do not “sell” personal information under applicable law.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we correct personal information that is inaccurate. We may decline your request if we cannot verify your identity or for other reasons that are allowed under the law. If you have a YUBO account, you may correct some of your personal information directly through your account.
- Right to Limit: You have the right to request that we limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
If you are a resident of Connecticut, Colorado, Utah, or Virginia, you may take advantage of certain privacy rights, such as to request access, correction, deletion, or a copy of your personal information. Because we may engage in “targeted advertising” as such term is defined under Connecticut, Colorado, Utah, and Virginia laws, you may also exercise your right to opt-out of such targeted advertising where available. You also have the right to appeal a denial of your privacy rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit a Request
To take advantage of your right to know/access, delete, correct, limit, or portability under California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia law, or to submit an appeal of a denial of your privacy rights, please contact us using this form or by email at email@example.com. When making written requests, you must put the statement “Your U.S. Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have the complete information. We may request certain information about your interactions with us to verify your identity before we can respond to your access, deletion, correction, or portability requests. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
To take advantage of your right to opt out of the sharing of your personal information or to opt out of targeted advertising, please click on the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link, which also is on our website footer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email us, please include "Opt Out Request" in the subject line and include your user name in the body of the email. We will work to comply with your opt-out request within 15 business days. You may also use the following method to opt out: (1) go to Settings > Personalization and Data > Privacy Preferences > Ads Data Sharing > Turn off the slider. Alternatively, you may choose to enable online, where available, a universal tool that automatically communicates your opt-out preferences, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”). We will process the GPC signal as a request to opt out. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt out on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent signed written permission to do so.
We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. We retain the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
We do not knowingly sell or share information about users who are under the age of 16, aside from sharing user information for those who opt in to the Rewarded Ads program (depending on eligibility).